2020 SUMMER CAMP HEALTH SAFETY PROTOCOL
At Andrews Hockey we are very excited to serve you this summer and provide a developmental experience for your child. We understand that this is a unique time as our world continues to deal with the COVID-19 virus. Atlantic Canadians have done a great job the last few months following health protocols which has brought us to the point we are at today. As we move forward with our summer programs, we have consulted with health professionals and will be following very specific guidelines to ensure that your experience is as safe as possible.
Below are some of the guidelines that we have in place for our camps beginning August 3rd:
Check- In & Pick Up Process:
- One Parent or Guardian must accompany their child to the check-in desk located outside the Arena every day. An Andrews Staff member will facilitate a Health Screening Questionnaire and Check-In process before participants are allowed to enter the building.
- Any participant or staff member who has symptoms of COVID-19, has traveled outside of the Atlantic Region in the last 14 days or has been in contact with anyone with COVID-19 will not be permitted to attend unless they have since tested negative for the virus.
- Hand sanitizing stations are located at the entry point of the arena and throughout the facility.
- Parents/guardians are not permitted in the building as per Public Health’s guidelines. We will be live streaming every ice time on Twitter @AndrewsHockey1 so you can watch the ice times.
- Andrews staff will be available to help with equipment if necessary and will wear a face mask while doing this since social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Each group will have 2-3 dressing rooms. Dressing rooms are equipped with social distancing markers to designate a specific spot for each player to get dressed. The facility staff will be sanitizing the dressing rooms between groups every day.
- At the end of the day, parents will pick up child at a designated pick up spot under the supervision of an Andrews Hockey staff member.
- Ice sessions are focused on individual skill development with social distancing built in.
- Ice sessions are broken into 3 groups of 10 or less to help facilitate social distancing.
- Games will be played with modified rules such as no body contact, no faceoffs, extended goalie crease, etc.
- Social distancing will be mandatory at all times during the camp.
- Throughout the day, the group will be broken into smaller groups of 10 or less to help facilitate social distancing.
- There will be no shared equipment during the camp.
- There will be no use of the pool or showers during the camp.
- The facility is strategically marked with arrows for each group to follow as they move between sessions.
- Camp schedule is strategically set up to avoid multiple groups crossing paths throughout the day.
Things to Bring:
- All equipment (triple check your bags!)
- Water bottles
- Packed lunch (no nut products)- Subway and the UPEI Dining Hall will not be open this summer. Also note that we do not have a microwave or refrigerator on site.
- Writing utensil
We thank you in advance for cooperating with us and the current Public Health Guidelines as we work to offer our camps in a safe manner!
SUMMER REFUND POLICY UPDATE:
GIVEN THE CURRENT CLIMATE SURROUNDING COVID-19, WE ARE IMPLEMENTING A MORE LENIENT REFUND POLICY FOR SUMMER 2020. PLAYERS AND GOALIES WILL NOW HAVE THE ABILITY OBTAIN A FULL REFUND AS LONG AS THE INTENTION TO CANCEL IS RECEIVED BY E-MAIL 21 DAYS PRIOR TO THE CAMP START DATE. FOR EXAMPLE, IF YOUR CAMP STARTS ON JULY 28, YOU MUST CANCEL BY JULY 7. WE HOPE THAT THIS WILL PUT CAMP ATTENDEES AT EASE AS WE WORK TOGETHER IN ORDER TO CONTINUE ON THE PATH OF DEVELOPMENT!
To get started, please select a program type below. Once selected you’ll see all upcoming and available camps for purchase within that category.