ASI Golf Program
ASI will be joining up with Belvedere Golf Club to offer a one of a kind golf program for island players, ages 11-14. The ASI Golf Program will be administered by PGA of Canada Professional Blair MacPhail. Blair brings 25 years of golf instruction and knowledge with him from his experiences as a Golf Professional at Clubs in Ontario and PEI, being an Instructor at the Canadian Golf Academy, as well as being a current Instructor with the Golf Operations Course at Holland College.
Throughout the duration of 5 weeks, the ASI Golf Program will feature 30 hours of Golf Instruction from Professional Blair MacPhail, 8 hours of Leadership Development from ASI Director Ben MacDonald and 8 Hours of Specific Athlete Development from ASC Director Owen MacWilliams.
Head Golf Instructor
– PGA of Canada
– Professional Golf Management (PGM) Holland College
– Certified Adult Educator (CAE)
– Level 5 PGA Instructor
Fun Fact – Has 3 Hole In Ones
Director of ASC
– BSc Kin
– Certified PT (NSCA)
– Certified Strength Coach (CSCS)
Fun Fact – Has Broken 6 Fingers
Director of ASI
– BSc Kin
Fun Fact – Has Lived in Every Maritime Province
The ASI Golf Program is designed to provide players with the opportunity to develop stronger golf skills, improved physical literacy, and leadership habits each week. ASI’s goal with this program is to push players outside their comfort zone to develop a well-rounded individual who has confidence in their abilities on and off the course. Examples of outcomes that students/parents can expect to see and experience:
- Students will learn and develop the skills to perform all golf shots from tee to green and in the hole.
- Students will develop setup skills which include all aspects of grip, stance, posture, ball position and alignment.
- Students will develop and enhance body movement for efficient shot-making.
- Students will use resources effectively to formulate life goals and explore opportunities and challenges of goal setting.
- Students will use formal and informal reflection to recognize how personal values and experiences influence their goals.
- Students will develop strategies that allow them to work to their strengths and believe that they can overcome challenges they are faced with.
- Students will develop physical literacy movement preparation through warm-ups to assist in the overall athletic development.
- Development of strength, endurance, flexibility, and cardiovascular health (conditioning) through proper training modalities and games.
- Students will develop rotational power to improve their swing speed.
- 5 Week Program (July 8-August 9)
- The program will run Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
- 30 Hours of Golf Instruction – Belvedere Golf Course
- 8 Hours Leadership Development – Andrews Sports Institute (Bell Aliant Centre)
- 8 Hours Performance Training – Andrews Sports Conditioning (Bell Aliant Centre)
- One 9 Hole On-Course Instruction round
- One 9 Hole Tournament with Prizes
- Hat, Shirt, Leadership Binder
Price – $699+HST