Preparing Today's Student-Athletes for Tomorrow's World.
Programs Offered Include:
An exciting new distance learning program designed to enhance athletic and academic development. The ASI Remote Program allows for student-athletes to develop in their sport while learning the qualities to be a good leader with strong character. By aligning positive role models with ASI students we look forward to keeping them accountable and encouraging them to make strides toward their goals and dreams.
with locations across P.E.I, this program features 1-hour of ice time followed by 1-hour of leadership development! Ice time will feature Andrews Hockey Growth Program’s world-renowned skating program and focus on individual skill based puck drills.
“We have always enjoyed our experiences at Andrews Hockey and have enjoyed the growth of our children from their participation in a variety of programs. However, Andrews Sports Institute has delivered beyond any other. As a result, we would highly recommend this program to any hockey family interested in taking their children’s game, student skills, and life skills to the next level. The improvement we have seen in our children on ice and off ice performance is astonishing!
Many heartfelt thanks to Andrews Hockey for making this program available to our children.”
– Sarah and Stephane Galaise
The ASI Staff
Director of Andrews Sport Institute
- BSc, Kinesiology UPEI
- BEd, UNB
- 10 Year Andrews Hockey Instructor
- Degree in Sports Management with Specialization in Hockey Coaching
- Assistant Coach – Charlottetown Islanders (QMJHL)
Founder & President
- BEd, UPEI
- BPEd, UNB
- Provincial Youth Coordinator – Department of Education
- Order of Canada Recipient
- BEd, UPEI
- MEd, University of Queensland Australia
- MA, Dalhousie
- PhD, Dalhous
The ASI Program
The ASI leadership component provides students with opportunities to develop skills for managing experiences in healthy ways while maintaining a focus on positive goals. Through weekly themes, students will learn the qualities to be a good leader with strong character.
- Topics Such As SMART Goal Setting, Attitude,
Responsibility, & Discipline
- Biweekly Check In From The Accountability Coach
- Educational Videos/ Motivational Videos
- Hands-On Activities
- Over the course of 20 weeks, the ASI program will cover two books.
- Students will be assigned weekly readings and asked to answer insightful questions to dive deeper into the topics mentioned
- This program will be accommodated for each student’s reading level.
- Students will be given a step by step approach to creating a business or volunteer project in their community.
- Through this project, the students will be encouraged to help raise funds to support their tuition for ASI or better their community by giving their time.
- This project-based learning approach covers topics such as marketing, sales, financial management, perseverance and appreciation
This module focuses on four key components. Students will be sent weekly videos with exercises, drills, and skills, as well as videos explaining why they are doing them.
Students will then send in their own videos and receive feedback from their accountability coach!
- Skating and Speed
- Hockey Sense
- Puck Control
- Smart Shooting
We’re so proud of our students! Click below to see what they have been working on this semester!