Preparing Today's Student-Athletes for Tomorrow's World.
Programs Offered Include:
The Remote Program is a 20-week online program designed to challenge students’ academically and in sport while remaining at home. Through 4 core modules, Remote ASI takes a holistic approach to develop students’ into confident leaders of strong character. All Students will be assigned an Andrews Hockey Certified feedback coach who they will be in contact with bi-weekly to discuss learnings and keep students accountable for their work. By aligning positive role models with ASI students we look forward to encouraging them to make strides toward their goals and dreams.
The After-School Program is designed to provide students with the opportunity to develop on-ice skills and leadership habits on a weekly basis. With three locations set up across Prince Edward Island, players are given an option to choose the closest location to them. ASI’s goals with this program are to push players to increase their academic performance and give individual skills a boost to supplement their on-ice minor hockey development.
The ASI Team Package allows for coaches or managers of individual teams to sign up for the program at a group rate. Teams have the freedom to choose two, three or, all four core modules. This program works by having the team management facilitate the program. Management is given a weekly guide to follow and help their players complete the program’s entirety. Andrews senior staff members will submit videos explaining weekly learnings and check in every two weeks to guide coaches through the process. ASI Staff will be available to answer any questions that come up throughout the program.
The ASI Staff
Director of Andrews Sport Institute
- BSc, Kinesiology UPEI
- BEd, UNB
- 10 Year Andrews Hockey Instructor
- Degree in Sports Management with Specialization in Hockey Coaching
- Assistant Coach – Charlottetown Islanders (QMJHL)
Founder & President
- BEd, UPEI
- BPEd, UNB
- Provincial Youth Coordinator – Department of Education
- Order of Canada Recipient
- BEd, UPEI
- MEd, University of Queensland Australia
- MA, Dalhousie
- PhD, Dalhous
Graduate of UPEI BBA, Graduate of SMU MBA Program.
- Multiple-time Atlantic and Provincial AAA hockey champion, Charlottetown Minor Hockey Player of the year.
Hockey East All-Rookie Team, UNH Team MVP and Defensive player of the year.
Two-time Hockey Canada U-18 August Selection Camp Invitee, Highest all-time single-season saves leader at UNH.
Graduate of Acadia University BBA, Fourth year of Professional Hockey Lausitzer Füches – DEL2
Athletic All- Canadian ‘11,’12,’13, MHL Player of the Year.
Current student-athlete at Nipissing University, Two years Professional in Switzerland (SWHL)
Current Prospect with the Switzerland National Team.
NCAA Player, 4 Year Professional player SPHL and ECHL
Captain of the Knoxville Ice Bears, NCAA All-Academic Team, Diabetic Mentor and Keynote Speaker.
Graduate of UPEI BSc Kin Honours, CIS All-Canadian, AUS All-Star Team
Current player for Les Canadiennes de Montreal CWHL
Current student-athlete at UPEI, Assistant Captain of the Chilliwack Chiefs BCHL
Top Defenseman Chiefs 2017, Scholastic Player of the Year, OHA Graduate
The ASI Program
The ASI leadership component provides students with opportunities to develop skills for managing experiences in healthy ways while maintaining a focus on positive goals. Through weekly themes, students will learn the qualities to be a good leader with strong character.
- Topics Such As SMART Goal Setting, Attitude,
Responsibility, & Discipline
- Biweekly Check In From The Accountability Coach
- Educational Videos/ Motivational Videos
- Hands-On Activities
- Over the course of 20 weeks, the ASI program will cover two books.
- Students will be assigned weekly readings and asked to answer insightful questions to dive deeper into the topics mentioned
- This program will be accommodated for each student’s reading level.
- Students will be given a step by step approach to creating a business or volunteer project in their community.
- Through this project, the students will be encouraged to help raise funds to support their tuition for ASI or better their community by giving their time.
- This project-based learning approach covers topics such as marketing, sales, financial management, perseverance and appreciation
This module focuses on four key components. Students will be sent weekly videos with exercises, drills, and skills, as well as videos explaining why they are doing them.
Students will then send in their own videos and receive feedback from their accountability coach!
- Skating and Speed
- Hockey Sense
- Puck Control
- Smart Shooting